“Thank you for the best three months mum has had for a long time…”
We know you may have pre-conceived ideas about residential care for the elderly, so allow us to tell you how we break the mould:
- We operate with a single philosophy; ‘To change the way care is run, allowing residents to live well with old age and dementia’.
- We look at things differently. We understand that frustrated behaviour is a result of residents’ needs going un-met. So we concentrate on understanding our residents’ reality and meeting their individual needs - resulting in a calmer, more relaxed atmosphere.
- We pay attention to detail. Our home overlooking the Sankey Canal is deliberately designed for residents with dementia; no dead-ends and purpose-built looping corridors reduce anxieties so residents never feel lost. A new sensory bathroom also aids relaxation and helps manage stress.
- We support family and friends too. Dementia and old age present challenges that can be difficult to deal with which is why we work closely with family and friends to get to grips with life history and focus in on our residents’ abilities, not lost skills.
- We drive improvements in care. Linear Park sets a high standard in residential dementia care that others follow. We are proud of our track record and the incredible feedback we receive.